Porter Adventist Hospital
Promotes effective functioning of the pastoral/spiritual services within a facility. This position includes the primary authority and responsibility to provide spiritual/pastoral care to patients, families and staff. This position is responsible for facilitating a climate conducive to the spiritual growth of patients, families and hospital staff under the direction of Director of Mission and Spiritual Care.
Minimum Education Requirements
Masters of Divinity or equivalent degree from accredited seminary
Affiliation and active involvement with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church
4 Units (quarters) of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education), preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
Five years of experience in hospital chaplaincy
Strong leadership, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Effective interpersonal skills
Critical thinking skills
Board Certified by National Association for Professional Chaplains, preferred
Apply at: https://careers.centura.org/job/Denver-Chaplain-Lead-CO-80210/386683600/?locale=en_US
Recruiter Contact: MandyGray@Centura.org
Chaplain Religious Enrichment Development Operation (CREDO)
Chaplain Religious Enrichment Development Operation (CREDO) is a Secretary of the Navy Flagship program which has a 44 year history of proactively delivering specialized pastoral/spiritual care to address issues affecting readiness and resilience of service members. The Commander Naval Region Southeast is requesting contract services through NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Jacksonville FL for Chaplain Religious Enrichment Development Operation (CREDO) Southeast programs/programming Contract Facilitators at:
Naval Station (NS) Mayport, FL;
Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville, FL;
Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola, FL;
Naval Submarine Base (NAVSUBBASE) King’s Bay, GA;
Naval Construction Battalion Center (NCBC) Gulfport, MS;
Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, TX; and
Naval Station (NS) Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. (A monthly housing allowance will be paid AND a one -time relocation expense will be provided.)
To implement CREDO Southeast programming as a professional facilitator, and assist CREDO staff in providing administrative support as necessary to meet its mission of strengthening Fleet, Fighter and Family.
- Facilitate Core Programs, Core Plus Workshops, Core Plus, and Tone of the Force and other presentations and briefs for the Navy
Conduct marketing and face-to-face meeting with military commanders and leaders;
Identify and develop additional capabilities and initiatives that can be delivered by Chaplain Religious Enrichment Development Operation (CREDO);
Make appropriate referrals to a chaplain or other helping professionals;
Collect data and use the Navy Chaplain Ministry Support Tool (NCMST) to capture measures of performance and measures of effectiveness regarding CREDO programs;
Collaborate with other helping professionals within the Navy system; and
Submit monthly reports to respective Command Chaplains, CREDO Southeast Director, and the COR
Place of Naval Station Mayport, FL; Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL; Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL; Naval Submarine Base King’s Bay, GA; Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport, MS; Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, TX; and Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Hours of Operation: Chapel hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. The work week for the Contractor services will include some weekends and evenings. No additional compensation or overtime shall be provided to work outside of chapel hours. This contract is for a full-time work-week, 40 hours per week, at each respective installation.
Adventist HealthCare is seeking staff chaplains who will offers spiritual support and serve as a resource to patients and their families, visitors, staff and volunteers; facilitate communication between patients and their faith communities; serve as part of the clinical team, participating in clinical rounds and interdisciplinary team meetings; conduct religious services (worships, weddings, memorial services, funerals and communion) and celebrations for all faith traditions.
- Ordained/Commissioned ministerial credentials preferred.
- Trained through accredited clinical pastoral education (CPE). Must complete a minimum of 2 unit of CPE training. Completion of 4 units of CPE training preferred. Must complete 4 units of CPE training within 2 years of hire.
- Denominational Chaplaincy endorsement.
- Board certification by the Association for Professional Chaplains preferred.
Minimum of 2 years in pastoral ministry or ministry in a health care setting, with demonstrated effectiveness. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Click here to download PDF with complete job description and requirements.
Clinical Mission Integration (CMI) Specialist
Adventist Health System
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Adventist Health System is embarking on a strategy to support providers and patients’ spiritual needs in the outpatient setting. Positions will be filled by the fourth quarter of 2016.
Specific Job Duties
• Trains and supports providers in conducting screening spiritual
• Provides ongoing spiritual support for providers
• Assists in the development of Spiritual Care Teams in practices
• Mentors and supports Spiritual Care Coordinators to lead the
Spiritual Care Teams
• Provides spiritual counseling for patients referred by provider
• Develops a Spiritual Care Plan for referred patients and submits
to provider, according to protocol
• Maintains documentation of spiritual care referrals
• Establishes relationships with diverse community faith leaders to
create a network of support for sustainable spiritual care for
patients in the community
• Participates in Spiritual Care Team huddles monthly to quarterly
• Liaisons with AHS hospital chaplains for continuity of patient’s
spiritual care on admission
• Implements and supports mission-based initiatives as required
• Collects and reports stories and experiences that highlight the
mission impact in practices
• Maintains log of practice visit by date, documenting any pertinent
information for management
• Experience in providing spiritual counseling such as counseling,
theology, religious studies, psychology, or social work
• Experience working in a clinical setting preferred
• Territory management
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree preferred
• Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred
• Basic web navigational and computer skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Travel required across the assigned region
1. Chicago, Illinois-Full Time
2. Calhoun, Georgia-Part Time
3. Hendersonville, South Carolina-Part Time
4. Tampa Florida-Full Time
5. Central Florida-Full Time
For more information, contact Kathy Perno at email@example.com.
School of Religion
Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, California
This position includes teaching undergraduate and graduate courses for the various programs throughout the university, as well as core classes in the M.S. in Chaplaincy program.
Ph.D./Th.D. from an accredited institution in the area of either practical theology, psychology of religion, chaplaincy, behavioral health, or a closely related field preferred.
Minimum two years clinical training and experience in areas such as pastoral care, chaplaincy, counseling, marriage and family education, and/or pastoral ministry required.
Two years teaching experience at the college level preferred. Board certified chaplain (BCC), or pastoral counselor, therapist (e.g., LMFT, LPC, etc.) is preferred. Member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church preferred.
To apply: Go to http://bit.ly/26b2yNT
Resident Chaplain (Part-time)
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Loma Linda, California
The Resident Chaplain performs general Chaplain Responsibilities in harmony with the mission of the Medical Center and is committed to the ministry of Chaplaincy as a career.
Master's Degree in Clinical Ministry. Minimum of one year of Pastoral experience required or equivalent 2 units of CPE Training (if not already obtained; 4 units total by end of residency) Ordination or in progress. A ceremony to publicly recognize one's fitness by your Denomination for full-time service in Pastoral Care. Ministerial credential, commissioned ministerial credential, and ministerial license required. NAD ministerial license required if considered by the church a Spiritual Leader.
To apply: Go to http://bit.ly/20R36V8
Staff Chaplain (Part-Time)
Berkshire Medical Center
-Master's degree in Divinity, Theology, Spirituality or related field required.
-Proven pastoral skills in parish, healthcare, or other settings required.
-Clinical Pastoral Education training (minimum of two units required, four units preferred)
-Certification (or eligibility for) the College of Chaplains, NACC, National Association of Jewish Chaplains other recognized endorsing body.
-Experienced Chaplain with strong interfaith commitment.
Ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team and physicians.